About this service
Our General Legal Advice Service helps people to understand their legal issues and options, to solve their legal problems.
Our lawyers and volunteer solicitors from the local community provide free legal advice appointments for help with a wide range of legal issues including:
- Family law (parenting arrangements, property settlement, separation and divorce)
- Family violence
- Child protection
- Fines and infringements
- Debt problems
- Consumer complaints
- Complaints about government services (including Centrelink)
- Minor criminal matters
A legal advice appointment can help you to:
- Understand your legal issue, rights and options;
- Know what steps to take next to solve your legal problem; and
- Know who you can contact for further legal assistance if you need it.
There are two types of appointment available:
- Telephone advice appointments during business hours, 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday
- In-person appointments during office hours, 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday, for people with additional support needs, including:
- people who have been referred to us from a community support service, or
- people who need a carer or support worker to attend the appointment with them.
Who is this service for?
Free legal advice appointments are available to people who live in Greater Bendigo, or the local council areas of Loddon, Campaspe, Central Goldfields, Mt Alexander and northern parts of the Macedon Ranges.
How to access this service
To book an appointment for legal advice, please visit our Bendigo office or call us on (03) 5445 0909 or FREECALL 1800 450 909 during office hours, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. You do not need a referral.
When you contact us to make an appointment, we will ask you some questions about your legal problem and confirm your personal details. We use this information to work out if we have a lawyer that can help you. If we can’t help, we will give you information about other legal services that might be able to assist.
Legal Help Request Form
Fill in the form below to contact us for help. If your matter is urgent, or you have a court date coming up, please call us.
Other support services that are available to help you 24-hours a day include:
13 11 14
Safe Steps Family Violence Help Line
1800 015 188
1300 78 99 78
Kids Help Line
1800 55 1800