If you or anyone you know is in immediate danger please call 000

Housing Help

Support for tenants in Central Victoria

If you are living in a rental home or public housing and have a problem with your tenancy, we are here to help.

We can help if you are: 

  • Struggling to pay your rent 
  • Finding it difficult to keep your rental home clean and tidy 
  • Need help to settle into a new rental home or connect with community support 
  • Receive a Notice to Vacate (eviction notice) 
  • Have a dispute with your real estate agent or landlord 
  • Need assistance to negotiate with a government or community housing agency 
  • Need to attend the Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) 
  • Are experiencing other issues that are affecting your tenancy


Our Housing Justice team can give you information and advice about your rights and help you to talk to your property manager or landlord. We can help you solve your tenancy problems, or support you if you need to go to the VCAT. 

Our office is in Bendigo. We help people who live in Greater Bendigo and the local council areas of Loddon, Campaspe, Central Goldfields, Mt Alexander and the Macedon Ranges.  

Our services are free. We prioritise helping people who are on a low income, experiencing financial hardship, or at risk of family violence. 

For tenancy help, please visit our office, or call us.

Housing Justice 

Phone: (03) 5445 0990
FREECALL: 1800 450 990
Or send us an email and we will call you back.

Do you need an interpreter? 

Tell us your language and we will call you back with an interpreter.

Are you contacting us on behalf of a client?

For information on referral options, see How to make a referral, or send us a referral email by completing below:

Emergency Contacts

Other support services that are available to help you 24-hours a day include:

13 11 14

Safe Steps Family Violence Help Line
1800 015 188

Men’s Line
1300 78 99 78

Kids Help Line
1800 55 1800

We value, respect and are committed to diversity and inclusion for all.