We exist so rights are known and acted upon, and communities are fairer.
We work with people in regional and rural Victoria who experience disadvantage relating to their housing, family, relationship, consumer, economic, social and civil rights.
We walk with First Nations people and communities.
What we do:
• We promote individual rights and access to justice
• We prevent or reduce socio-legal problems by building awareness
• We create and support solutions that give the greatest opportunity for change
• Holistic self-determination – We focus on the whole person and the whole of a problem as a way of finding more healthy and sustainable solutions to legal issues, and work with them to see a just outcome
• Safe and rights-based – We recognise human rights and freedoms as legally enforceable and give priority to people in the most marginalised or vulnerable situations who face the biggest barriers to realising their rights.
• Systemic – We aim to create wider positive effects on a group or system as a whole, arising from our work with individuals and communities