If you or anyone you know is in immediate danger please call 000

Tenant Assistance and Advocacy Program

About this service

Our TAAP service supports vulnerable tenants in private rental properties, including privately operated rooming houses and caravan parks. Our Housing Advocates provide information and advice to tenants about their rights and responsibilities, help to negotiate with property managers and landlords, and advocacy support at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

Who is this service for?

Tenants who are experiencing financial disadvantage or at risk of family violence, in Greater Bendigo or the local government areas of Loddon, Campaspe, Central Goldfields, Mt Alexander and the Macedon Ranges.

This includes tenants living in:

  • private rental properties
  • rooming houses 
  • caravan or residential parks

People experiencing financial disadvantage can include those:

  • on a Centrelink benefit
  • with no income
  • with a low income struggling to keep up with personal financial commitments, such as rent, utility bills or other personal debts

We can also help tenants who are experiencing or at risk of family violence, regardless of their financial situation. 

How to access this service

You can call us during business hours on (03) 5445 0990 or FREECALL 1800 450 990 to schedule an appointment, or send us an email at info@housingjustice.org.au. Our office is located at 171 Hargreaves St, Bendigo. We are open Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.

How to make a referral

Complete our Referral Form and one of our Housing Advocates will contact your client to arrange an appointment. Alternatively, you can call us during business hours on (03) 5445 0990 to arrange a time to come into our Bendigo office with your client.
Tenant Assistance and Advocacy Program is funded by Consumer Affairs Victoria

Are you contacting us on behalf of a client?

For information on referral options, see How to make a referral, or send us a referral email by completing below:

Emergency Contacts

Other support services that are available to help you 24-hours a day include:

13 11 14

Safe Steps Family Violence Help Line
1800 015 188

Men’s Line
1300 78 99 78

Kids Help Line
1800 55 1800