This role is within our Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre team.
The Senior Lawyer will oversee a small integrated service, consisting of a supervised lawyer, a community development worker, and a social worker. This role leads and champions our hospital place-based service, located at Maryborough District Health Service and includes a manageable case load to enable therapeutic and multidisciplinary client work.
The role gives the opportunity to provide legal assistance across a wide range of legal issues including our key practice areas of family violence and child protection, as well as in other areas such as family law, general civil and minor crime. With the benefit of a social worker, there is the opportunity for the client to address the non-legal issues that often compound legal outcomes, leading to better client outcomes.
This role ensures proactive networking and community engagement, and the incumbent is responsible for thinking strategically and ensuring that project deliverables are implemented, advanced, and reported.
The Senior Lawyer is required to work a minimum of three days in Maryborough including one weekly court sitting day. Travel and work at the Bendigo office is required at least one day a week and at times more to support induction and training into the role. The Incumbent will work with the support of the Bendigo based LCCLC team, and will report to the Managing Lawyer.
ARC Justice is an inclusive employer. Members of the LGBTIQA+ community, CALD and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
- Full time ongoing position (1 EFT)
- Primary working location, travel time, vehicle use and flexible work/working from home arrangements can be negotiated in line with the organisational policies and procedures.
- An attractive salary, training, and professional development opportunities. SCHADS Level 6 ($90,441 – $94,433) subject to skills and experience.
- 3 days ex gratia between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Salary packaging and accommodation and meal/entertainment packaging is also available.
Applications must be submitted via the recruitment email provided below, and not through the Seek website.Please address applications to Naomi Burch, HR Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include:
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV/Resume)
- An addressed application letter (specifying fulltime/part time preference)
- Your response to the key selection criteria (essential and desirable skills/experience)
Please note that applications that do not respond to the key selection criteria will not be considered for interview.