Family Advocacy and Support Services
Full or Part time
Salary negotiable based on experience
Bendigo or Shepparton
The Senior Family Lawyer will play a significant role in providing access to justice by delivering and coordinating family law services as part of the ‘FASS’ (Family Advocacy and Support Services) program funded by Victorian Legal Aid Commission. This role supports vulnerable and disadvantaged community members by assisting clients with their legal rights and responsibilities in family law matters.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and delivering responsive duty lawyer services at the Bendigo and Shepparton Federal Circuit Court as well as family law casework and advice to our priority clients, particularly those who have experienced family violence in conjunction with a team of more junior solicitors. The ‘FASS’ program is a relatively new program and therefore this position offers a unique opportunity for the incumbent to develop and build awareness for the program through proactive networking and community engagement.
The Senior Family Lawyer will ensure a high-quality service that responds to community need. The incumbent will be innovative and collaborative, and will lead best practice in legal service, including leading in associated service implementation, advancement and reporting responsibilities.
ARC Justice is an independent, not-for-proﬁt, human rights organisation that incorporates the Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centre, the Goulburn Valley Community Legal Centre and Housing Justice.
Our programs deliver accessible legal services, tenancy advice and support to those in our community in the greatest need. We deliver community education and advocate for systematic change that enhances the rights of rural and regional Victorians. We recognise that housing and legal issues do not occur in isolation, and we work with local partners to ensure a whole-of-person approach to our work.
You will be a lawyer with a passion for human rights and providing legal assistance to clients in disadvantaged communities. You will have experience supervising and supporting other more junior lawyers. You have more than 4 years post admission experience with considerable experience in family law.
- Deliver high quality, accurate legal advice and manage family law casework.
- Develop strong relationships with other supporting organisations/services.
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
The benefits of working at ARC Justice
- Based out of either our Bendigo or Shepparton office
- Full or part time and ongoing contract
- Paid leave between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- NFP Salary packaging available up to $15,900 for living expenses + $2,650 for meal and entertainment
- Contributing to improved social justice, upholding people’s human rights, and supporting your community
- Great teams to work with where you are valued, and your career aspirations supported through planned mentoring, training and support
A competitive salary package is available for this role. The salary package will be negotiated with the candidate and will reflect the candidate’s breadth and depth of experience in family law.
Applications must be submitted via email and not through any third-party recruitment platform.
Please send your application via email email@example.com.
Applications must include:
- Resume outlining your experience and achievements
- A cover letter addressing the key selection criteria
This position is available immediately. Candidates will be assessed, and interviews arranged as applications are received.
To be considered for this opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- Have an Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency status
- Currently hold or be willing to obtain the relevant clearances and checks that are essential for this role.
- ARC Justice is an inclusive employer. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander people, members of the LGBTIQ+ and culturally and linguistically diverse communities are encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police Records check.
- As a child safe organization ARC Justice requires disclosure of any formal disciplinary action taken by any current or former employer including any ﬁnding of improper or unprofessional conduct.