ARC Justice provides an engaging and supportive work environment. We offer generous leave allowances, training and professional development opportunities, and salary packaging to increase your effective take-home pay. In addition to these benefits, when you work with ARC Justice you are supporting some of the most disadvantaged members of the community in rural and regional Victoria to advocate for their rights and increase access to justice and secure housing.
See our current vacancies below. If there are no vacancies at this time, please check back with this page or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. to hear about upcoming employment opportunities. You can also subscribe to our careers email newsletter at the bottom of this page.
If you are interested in volunteering with one of our programs, please call us on (03) 5445 0909.
Director of Legal Practice – Principal Lawyer – Full time (1.0 EFT) – Ongoing
An experienced leader with extensive legal practice experience in community law, the Director of Legal Practice is responsible for providing leadership and oversight across ARC Justice’s legal services, delivered through our Goulburn Valley and Loddon Campaspe Community Legal Centres.
The Director ensures ARC Justice’s work is evidence based and guided by the communities that we serve. With the aim of ensuring access to justice in regional communities, the Director also manages and guides the strategic advocacy, law reform and policy initiatives of ARC Justice.
This position is a key leader in the organisation, working closely with the leadership team to build a strong and collaborative culture and operations based on ARC Justice’s vision, values and strategy.
This position will be required to work across our Bendigo and Shepparton offices, and the successful candidate can be based at either of these sites.
Focus for 2021:
• Ensure legal practice responsiveness to COVID-19
• Foster collaboration between GVCLC and LCCLC. This will involve leveraging the unique skills of staff in both teams and promoting mutual goals and opportunities
• Review core services to identify opportunities to increase impact
• Work collaboratively with the Executive Officer to develop and implement an advocacy
strategy for ARC Justice
- An attractive salary, training, and professional development opportunities
- 3 days ex gratia between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Salary packaging and accommodation and meal/entertainment packaging is also available
- SCHADS level 7 position, with above award remuneration
How to apply
Please address applications to Naomi Burch, HR Officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted via the recruitment email, and not through the Seek website.
Applications must include.
• Current Curriculum Vitae (CV/Resume)
• Your response to the key selection criteria (essential and desirable skills/experience) – no more than two pages.
Please note that applications that do not respond to the key selection criteria will not be considered for interview.
Applications close 9:00am Monday 14th December 2020.
Equal opportunity principals will be applied and people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subscribe to ARC Justice Careers Newsletter