Goulburn Valley CLC is a generalist CLC that undertakes a range of activities, including:
- legal assistance (information, referral, advice and casework)
- community development and legal education
- law reform and special projects
Goulburn Valley Community Legal Centre (GVCLC) is based in Shepparton and operates across the region in the local government areas of Greater Shepparton, Mitchell, Strathbogie, Benalla and Moira.
Core Services and Specialist Projects
GVCLC provides free and confidential legal advice appointments for people who live or work in Greater Shepparton, Mitchell, Strathbogie, Mansfield and Moira shires.
- Daytime advice appointments, Monday to Friday during business hours
- Night advice appointments, Tuesdays 6:00pm – 8:30pm by appointment
We can provide advice on a wide range of legal issues. We also provide information about the law and resources to help people solve their legal problems.
We prioritise assisting people who are experiencing social and economic disadvantage, and who cannot afford a private solicitor or who are ineligible for legal aid.
We also provide duty lawyers services to assist people with family violence matters at courts in Shepparton, Benalla, Mansfield, Cobram and Seymour.
Find out more about GVCLC services here.
In addition to providing free legal advice, GVCLC also delivers a number of specialist projects. We understand that legal issues do not occur in isolation. Often our clients will be experiencing other health or social challenges that are contributing to their legal problems. We work in partnerships with local organisations to ensure that our clients can access the legal and other health and social supports that they need.
Our current projects include:
- Health Justice Partnership with Rumbalara Aboriginal Co-operative
- Employment Law Project with JobWatch and Barwon Community Legal Centre
Find out more about GVCLC projects here