The ARC Justice Strategic plan is available for download here:
The ARC Strategic Plan is directed by our overall Vision and Purpose:
An inclusive community built on a foundation of human rights and equality before the law.
We promote equality before the law for people in rural and regional Victoria by: providing legal, advocacy and support services; elevating justice as an issue in public discourse; and advocating for systemic change that upholds
The Five Key priority ares of the Strategic Plan are:
- Priority One:Increase access to justice and secure housing for the most vulnerable individuals in regional and rural Victoria
- Priority Two: Our services will recognise and address the interconnectedness between social and economic circumstances, physical and psychological health and our clients’ interaction with the legal system and housing
- Priority Three: The experience and expertise of our local communities will guide our work
- Priority Four: Advocate for systemic change that enhances the rights of rural and regional Victorians
- Priority Five: Build our organisation’s capacity to achieve its purpose
These priorities are underpinned by the following principles:
We serve, build capacity and are accountable to the community to which we belong.
We are inquisitive and receptive to new ideas, use evidence-based practice and share our knowledge to achieve the greatest impact for our communities. We learn from both our successes and mistakes.
We believe partnership and collaboration with individuals, communities and organisations is the only way to create meaningful and sustainable change.
We are committed to ethical and sustainable practice that values our people in achieving our purpose.
Recognition of First Peoples:
We celebrate the strength, culture and contribution of our First Peoples. We recognise the systemic injustices brought against them, and work in partnership with local Aboriginal communities to bring justice.
In all of our work, we show respect. We value diversity and acknowledge differences, knowing these strengthen our
More detail can be found in the downloadable version of the plan below: